Welcome to the first World of Padman community mapping contest. If you want to take part and send your creations please note:Intention
There are so many nice and well done community maps out there but spread all over the world wide web and maybe lost one sad day. The goal is to create a single official community map pack including all the high quality maps of the community mappers out there and to keep compatible also to upcoming changes in further WoP releases.
Not all of the current maps are still WoP 1.5 or WoP 1.6 compatible. Especially in regards to sound files maps made for WoP 1.5 needs to be revised. Regarding WoP 1.2 and prior releases expect more work to update your map. Most of the maps have issues regarding textures and shaders.
Furthermore we also want to include new and unreleased maps which still linger on your hard drive, waiting to be played. Support the project and send in your maps.Timetable
- April 21st 2012 - start of the mapping contest. Please send in your maps
- October 20st 2012 - last day of accepting map entries (deadline)
- October 21st 2012 - start of official community testing on servers and voting
- November 18th 2012 - end of community voting and testing phase
- December 2nd 2012 - showcase of the best community maps and release of the final community map pack
- Everyone is allowed to take part in the mapping contest.
- Team members of PadWorld Entertainment are allowed to send in maps but will be kept out of voting and evaluation.
- Previously released maps can be submitted to the contest (if re-licensed as below)
- The contest has no special theme or topic, all maps are welcome which you consider suitable to the World of Padman.
- Upload your map file to free hosting websites somewhere or use your own web space.
- Send us a link via mail to email@example.com or via private message to Kai-Li from within the forum.
- If you want to keep the file secret use a password saved archive file.
- Keep your map free of any third party copyrights. If you use content of others, get their permission by a suitable license like Creative Commons or others.
- Your map should be packed as a pk3 file containing a README file, which has a short description of the map, credits, license and you also need to allow redistribution via download and autodownload.
- The pk3 file may not include any unnecessary files which are not loaded by the game itself (except for the README of course). Also files which are part of the WoP game already are not needed there.
- Bot support is a must. Maps without working but support will not be accepted. Be aware that bot support does not just mean compiling the aas file, the bots need to walk around and use items.
- It should be free of any errors and warnings in the game console, missing textures, sound files aso.
- Textures should not be bigger than 1024x1024 pixels and have a proper format (jpg, tga). The rule 2^n should be used with textures. That means with 72dpi a textures size should stick to 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512 and 1024 Pixels.
- Never use old wav sounds included in WoP 1.5. Please stick to the ogg file format and only use those files included in the WoP 1.6 patch or self created ones.
- The Map should be shown in the ingame map menu correctly.
: The judges review every map and give feedback if the requirements are fulfilled and hints or reasons when they are not fulfilled.Judging panel
The panel will consist out of 5 members of the PadWorld Entertainment team.Categories
There will be 4 categories to evaluate the maps. Every judge gives up to 10 points for every category except for the community voting category.
- Visual design: textures, brushwork, shaders etc.
- Game play: item placement, support of game modes and game play in general.
- Idea and concept: the concept behind the map and creativity of implementation.
- Community voting: The community can vote for all maps to sway the judging panel evaluation.
- Padworld Entertainment will provide an extra official server for testing the community maps.
- As soon as maps are final, sent in and checked regarding requirements and integrity we will upload them to our server as autodownloads
- Play those maps to find out last glitches and bugs.
- Every map will receive its own topic in the WoP editing forum to gather feedback of the community.
- We also present the maps in a news post at our website as soon as they are final.
- It would be best not to wait until the deadline is reached. Please send in your maps as soon as possible.
If there are still any questions, feel free to reply to this topic.